Why do members change their screen names?

I have seen members change their screen names but still use the same avatar pictures or participate in the same groups. They did as when they had their old screen names.

Imo - If I changed my screen name it would be so no one knows who I am. I wouldn't use the same avatar or be in the same groups.

So what is really the point?

I can understand if someone is harassing them but there is a block user button or just simply ignore them ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I know what you are talking about. I know one mom in my local group has changed hers 3 times. She had a name with her kids names, then a name with her first name, and now it's something with the kids names again. Each time she deleted her old account and started over - I don't know if she joined all her old groups, but she did rejoin our local group. I was friends with her the first 2 times. The first time she changed she told me it was because she was being harrassed and also needed to get rid of some friends, and she invited me to be friends again. The next time she didn't invite me to be friends again, so maybe it was me that time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You can't change your screen names-people have the same avatars
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Maybe their name was something like "momOF2" and they now have 3 kids. Or something like "iloveBob" and they are no longer with Bob.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• OP here- The avatars are pictures of them.

And the ones I seen have nothing to do with the number of kids or I love so and so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I simply get bored with using the same name from time to time. I also get bored of the same display pictures, avatars, backgrounds, etc. Because Cafemom does not offer us the option of changing our screen names, say like eBay does, rather, you have to delete your old account and start a new one. I have done it once. I simply got tired of my old name.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Maybe, but that's just an example, my point being that at one time their screen name may have had a specific meaning to them and it no longer does OR it was just something they made up spur of the moment and doesn't mean anything and they want to change it to a name that does mean something to them. Or maybe they just want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because theyve been kicked out of a group! lol Or hey maybe they said something thier embarrased about..idk!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I think people just get used to the option in other sites.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Is there any other reasons to really why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• **bump** would love to know how to change my screen name.

My name includes my daughter's nickname and no indication of my son's. I would like to change it to either include my son or have something that describes only me.
    Anonymous