What was his reason for cheating on you or what was your reason for cheating on him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• he just wanted a friend.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 2:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I cheated on my XH with my now DH. XH was the wrong man. I didn't love him. I met him when I was 18, we didn't marry until I was 26, but it was still wrong. Boy I wish I could have my 20s back...but I suppose everything happens for a reason. FWIW DH and I have been through so many ups and downs, dealing with his ex-wife and son issues, we both lost parents, money troubles, his temper, etc... lots of stuff...but I would NEVER cheat on him. XH was jus the wrong guy, a big mistake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i never have cheated

my ex cheated in my opinion because he could be a new man with someone new
    like always being a bright shinny penny
    he could not handle real love in front of him, love that trandsends faults, he needed to keep reventing himself, he would not stay with the others for long, he kept jumping from one to the other because they too would see his faults, he had to be a person that others saw as faultless
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i was confused. i met this handsome man and hewas sweet and hard working..and at the time he came into my life i was on the rocks with my dh...i cheated only once but still..i cheated. and after a while that great guy..wasnt such a great guy..sleeping with other women and yet telling me he wanted me..rude crude etc..and my dh found out...i made a huge mistake because i didnt comunicate with my dh and put our marriage before my selfishness. ive learned a huge lesson form this and its to always uphold your vows and love your husband,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Men and women cheat bc of how their spouse makes them feel. (according to the book Why Men Cheat). If a man ignores his wife then she searches for attention elsewhere. If a woman doesn't appreciate a husband then he looks for someone who will. Then there are men who just love having sex with lots of women and don't believe it affects the marriage.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• admckenzie, you hit my situation right on the dot.. that's exactly what happen to each of us
    libertybell1985

Answer by libertybell1985 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He was drunk and his ex jumped on him and they started making out. I blame her more than anything (and his friends for not fucking stopping it). He has cheated since then, took his punishment like a man and is scared to death to cheat on me again for fear of losing me. I almost cheated on him simply because I really liked the guy and always wanted to be his girlfriend but he didn't seem interested in me. I didn't for fear of losing my husband. The second time I almost cheated was because my husband was withholding from me emotionally and I was about to turn elsewhere for it. However, I talked to him about it first and he changed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I never cheated (though for a few moments when I busted him, I was sorely tempted to).

His reason depends on who he's talking to:

to me - I was young, stupid, I threw away our life together. You and I were so good together and no, it was nothing you did. I don't know why I did it. I was just so far away from home.... blah blah

to his family - I was young, stupid, I threw away our life together. I don't know why I did it. I ruined a really good marriage and don't blame her... I was just so far away from home.... blah blah

to his buddies - I married a frigid, lazy b*tch and I'm so tired of being told no all the time.

to the girl he screwed for 3 months behind my back - I never loved her. I married her because it was better than being lonely. I thought she'd make a good companion in my old age. She's so loyal. I know my children would be well taken care of. SHE HAS GOOD GENES.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009