? for those who did crib to bed transition before 12 months old (or a little older)

just curious! was there a reason you transitioned at an early age? Like perhaps you were expecting baby #2; the crib was damaged during a move and you couldnt afford a new one, but you had a bed; even at the lowest mattress setting your baby could climb out of the crib...mind sharing your experience? I have seem some moms on here mentioning they transitioned their baby as young as 11 months old, some 3 years old! thats why i'm asking =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If we could have bought one earlier we would have but DD1 learned to drop the side of her crib at 11 months by herself. She WAS tall for her age (short now, go figure) and easily could have tumbled out. So we zip tied the crib sides up and just after her first b-day we got her a toddler bed. She was clearly ready for it and it worked out well. Now I can't even imagine having waited longer to change her.

We'll see how it goes with DD#2 :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DD was sleeping in a toddler bed next to my bed at 11mths. I did it just because she would go in the guest bedroom and climb on the bed by herself and take a nap. I knew than that she had out growth her crib and loved to get in and out as she pleased. Now shes 2 and wanted her own room for 2nd bday. She got it and half the time I have to close her out of her room just to hang out in another part of the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We moved DD about 15 months. I think I was just excited for her to move to a toddler bed.

With DS, he's 2 and I will keep him contained as long as possible. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't have any previous experience, but I'll be moving my DD at about 15/16 mos. I want her to be used to sleeping in a big girl bed well before the new baby comes
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Our first two children are 14 months apart and our 3rd came 18 months later. We moved the first two out around 12 months out of necessity (for them to be fully transitioned to a bed before the baby came), but we JUST moved our 3rd out of her crib and she is almost 2. What a nightmare! We will never again wait that long! We like when they are too little to care, or if they do care, too little to do anything about it!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009