For mom's with more than one child

What did you find that you needed or needed more of with having your second child, even if they were close in age?

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 3:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Patience
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 3:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• another arm would come in handy!

I am not sure how to answer your question seriously. Do you mean material things like certain baby gear or anything in general like money or time? :)
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:14 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Diapers and wipes and what joannakitler said PATIENCE :)
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 3:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• patience for sure.

and the knowledge that all kids are DIFFERENT.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sleep
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The realization that the one thing that *always* did the trick for your older child might NEVER work for your new baby! Patience and sleep are a definite! I found that materialistically speaking, I didn't need too much, I already had quite a bit of everything from my oldest. One thing that helped us quite a bit was my MobyWrap. It is awesome, I could keep my preschooler in the stroller and moby wrap my baby up and still be hands free! That was probably the best gift I received for my youngest! Mobywrap.com but I bet you can find it on ebay cheaper!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The thought process that allowed me to realize they were different children and what worked for one didnt necessarily work with the other.

I cant tell you how often I butted my own head against the wall trying to remember that LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• AN EXTRA SET OF ARMS.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 5:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009