I think I would have killed this man....what would you have done?

"A Stone Mountain man is in custody, without bond, for slapping a little girl at the Wal-Mart in Stone Mountain.Police say 61 year old Roger Stephens was annoyed by the fussing girl, telling the child's mother "If you don't shut that baby up, I'll shut her up for you." The girl, 2 year old Paige Mathews, continued crying, despite her mother's attempts to calm her down. That's when, according to the mother, Stephens approached them again near the store's freezers and slapped the girl four or five times in the face. Stephens then told the mother, "See, I told you I would shut her up." He then walked away. A store shopper confronted Stephens and stopped him until store security arrived.Stephens reportedly told police that he could not shop because the girl was crying and could not take it anymore.Charged with felony cruelty to children in the first degree, he remains at the Gwinnett County Jail without bond. "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• sounds like he needs some mental health care, no sane person would do this

correction.... he needs mental health care in a jail cell
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ... He would never get close enough to a 2-year-old of mine to lay a hand on her, let alone slap her several times.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yikes! If that were my child I would have beat the crap out of him!
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• that is CRAAAAAAZY! who does that!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• . He would never get close enough to a 2-year-old of mine to lay a hand on her, let alone slap her several times.

This
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 3:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Oh no...I would have picked up whatever was closest to me...and he would have never thought about slapping another child again! I guess not!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• omfg i would kick him in the balls before he was able to do the second slap. wtf
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He would never get close enough to a 2-year-old of mine to lay a hand on her, let alone slap her several times.

and if he DID touch my child it would be the LAST thing he would ever touch!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah he would not have lived to tell that story
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I probably would have been too shocked to stop him, but you can be sure he would have been taken to the hospital before jail, because I would have aimed a can of crushed tomatoes at his head.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009