Anyone have an infant with GERD?

Just wondering if you have any good tips or pieces of advice. I have a 2 month old with GERD and it's been a learning process. She takes Baby Zantac and we hope she grows out of it soon but in the mean time I could use some advice. Thanks mamas!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just be patient with her. My daughter has GERD too. She has oatmeal in her bottles because that's what the doctor said to do. I wouldn't recommend it unless the doctor says to. She is on baby zantac too. I don't give it to her everyday unless shes fussy after she eats. The doctor said that's fine.

Good luck Mama.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 3:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son has GERD, and was also colicky! Keep her upright after feedings for 20 minutes; some moms have also had a lot of luck with a crib wedge. Does your baby projectile spit-up, or is it silent reflux? If you're covered in spit up, it gets better around 6 months! Just don't wear anything too nice, haha, or that has to be dry cleaned. My son is also on Zantac 3x a day, we here hoping to wean him off of it, but no luck yet (he's 11 mos). There is also a group for moms with babies with Reflux, food allergies, GI & sensory issues http://www.cafemom.com/group/29527.
    Good luck! Message me if you like.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 4:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son is almost 5 months old and is on Zantac 2x a day and I am not going to try to take him off of it yet to nervous. He has lots of tummy issues too. He has silent reflux. Poor babies. But that medicine really helps. Every month he seems better not as fussy and can eat not sitting up as much. :)
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The Zantac is EXTREMELY weight sensitive, so if you notice a sudden return of symptoms, odds are your babe has outgrown their dosage and it may need a little tweaking. We ended up switching to Prilosec eventually. We also had an inclined sleep positioner that was also very handy.
    Hootie72

Answer by Hootie72 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009