BABY SWING

When do you consider a child too large or too old to put in a swing? Mine is 5 mos always didn't like the swing, considering trying the swing again for afternoon naps..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 5 month old still goes in her swing. I say go for it.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 3:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My 3 month old LOVES her swing, I say give it another shot!
    ReadyForMadelyn

Answer by ReadyForMadelyn at 4:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Mine were too old for it when they were trying to sit up in it and falling forward. They still liked to get it in it, it just wasn't safe anymore.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would try it again. Babies moods change constantly. The swing was a lifesaver for us. He used the swing until he approached 20 lbs. It wouldn't go quite as fast as when he was 6 lbs. :-) Time to find a new soothing tool.
    blondie1973

Answer by blondie1973 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son LOVED his swing for the first 3 months. He is 4 1/2 months now and 17 lbs. He never uses his swing anymore. I don't know if it is uncomfortable for him because he is bigger or if he gets bored to easily in it.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009