If your husband has adult ADD/ADHD...

...what were some of his symptoms? Tell me as many as you can think of...including some of his consistent behavior traits you noticed that are not necessarilly listed under the common symptoms of ADD/ADHD. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Hubby is on meds for Adult ADD - had ADHD as a kid and was on Ritalin for years. His symptoms include: Withdrawl from friends and family, sleeping alot, not being able to focus on more than one thing at a time, obsessive worrying about things beyond his control, lack of energy or motivation and weight gain. Since he has been on meds (Adderal), he has lost over 60 pounds, does much better at his job and at home and has a great deal of energy in the evenings and weekends.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 4:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my dh has it too but the only "symptoms" he has is not being able to focus on more than one thing at a time and the obsessive worrying, he has never had a problem with weight & is now on pristiq, you can't tell a difference in his personality with it like when he was on straterra
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• adult ADD isn't necessarily like the stuff you see on TV. If he's hoping around like a maniac...well he may be manic or on speed. In reality, ADD sufferers are just as likely to hyper focus to the point of tuning everything else out as much as they are to be spacey. Like other people said, ADD is also commonly coupled with anxiety issues. I'm a woman with ADD and it was the anxiety that started my exploration of mental health and the fact that I can't turn my brain off that led me to ADD. The best bet is to get him professionally evaluated. A lot of things look like ADD and aren't.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 6:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009