Sensitive tooth

I have a very deep filling in a tooth.I havent been using sensitive toothepaste in a month b/c I havent been able to buy it.Today the tooth is really hurting.Even if i just touch it.My dh looked at it and said he doesnt see anything.Anyone ever have a sensitive tooth like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• Yes. The Colgate sensitive toothpaste is way better than sensodyne and doesnt taste gross. Its like $3 here. Go get some and it will help. Don't use Oral Gel it hurts like crazy when you first put it on the tooth instead get Orabase its not a gel its more like a paste and it makes a huge difference. Its also like $3. You can get both at Walmart. Make sure you floss well around the tooth even if it hurts. You might end up with a really bad infection and lose the tooth if you don't. Feel better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Is the filling new or old? Is it close to a nerve? If it is sensitive to touch you could have a "hot tooth" and may need to see a dentist in case you need the filling redone or even a root canal. It sounds like you need some xrays to see what is going on inside the tooth.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009