Are you getting the swine flu vaccine? why or why not?

NoahsMomma418

Asked by NoahsMomma418 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am posting anon on this one for political reasons, I am a nursing student and in order to do my clinicals at a certain hospital we have to have the 2 shots for swine and 1 shot for the standard flu, if not we must wear a mask during flu season. I am sorry but I am not going into a patients room with that on and wear it from 6 to 12 hours a day for 11 shifts.
    Not sure if other area hospital are doing the same but changes are if they are not, they will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm not getting it because I don't have to get it. My husband and daughter both recovered from swine flu and I only got a little feeling of malaise for a day or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No I'm not getting it because there is too much risk involved. There hasn't been enough testing on the vaccine and I am not going to be a guinea pig. People die from the regular flu every year and I haven't gotten the vaccine for that the last few years either, and I don't plan to.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because we don't get flu shots. Never have. No conspiracy here.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't do shots ... didn't vaccinate my kids until they were in their teens. My husband does get the yearly flu shot.

Before you submit to being injected, do read these articles. Many other health professionals are refusing to accept the risks in the vaccine:

SWINE FLU JAB LINK TO KILLER NERVE DISEASE: LEAKED LETTER REVEALS CONCERN OF NEUROLOGISTS ABOUT 25 DEATHS IN AMERICA Aug. 15, 2009
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206807/Swine-flu-jab-link-killer-nerve-disease-Leaked-letter-reveals-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

Neurologists urged to watch for rare swine flu vaccine side-effect Sept. 1, 2009
    http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2009/09/neurologists_urged_to_watch_fo.html
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my family and I WILL NOT be getting this "vaccine". Nor do we get flu shots.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 4:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't think so.
    why would I give my daughter or myself a shot that is new and could cause some crazy side effect.
    just not gonna happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• At this point in time, no.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm going to go with whatever my doctor recommends.

I've got a long standing patient doctor relationship with him that's really great...and I already know he has a track record of waiting on giving new vaccines until he feels there's enough information on it, and that it's safe enough to give to his kids.

We'll be seeing him for a well-child check up soon. I'll probably ask him about it then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Nope for my family. We just aren't comfortable with an injection that hasn't been tested enough. I know they keep saying that they are doing "vigorious testing" and whatnot, but there is always that fact following that THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TO KNOW THE FULL EFFECT OF SIDE EFFECTS, REACTIONS, AND LONG-TERM EFFECTS of this new vaccination. I just refuse for me or my children to be the ones that "Oops, we didn't know it would do that" to. It will probably be at least 30 years later before any harmful effects are known.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009