No insurance NOW what ??

Hubby got fired 3 months ago . I am 8 months pregnant and been going to the doctors every 2 weeks like pregnant woman should no problems nothing said. So does this mean I can still continue seeing my doctor without insurance since they haven't said anything and also continue taking my DD to her doctor as well ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• Apply for Medicaid. They almost always give it to you if you are pregnant. Your doc will still see you, but you will have to pay. You don't want to end up $10,000 in debt for your delivery.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with riotgrrl... 10,000 is just for an uncomplicated delivery without pain meds :S Go down to social services and apply for Medicaid and if they deny you go for your state's indegent care program. Usually these will cover your kids as well.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Contact your local Health Dept. Health & Human Services Dept. State Aid any place like that! I hope you qualify. You should! I've been without insurance for a long time! We're jobless here. DH has been jobless since January. From his job of almost 24 years! To apply for Badger care plus in my State Costs $60.00! When you don't have it that's Sad! I hope Everything works out! Best of luck with your family & A healthy happy Baby!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Would my DD be covered as well with Medicaid ?? We live in Indiana so would the Hoosier Healthwise be something I should look into as well or just Medicaid???????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i kept going my insurance ran out the end of october my daughter was born on november 25th, they helped me out in the hopital becasue they all wanted paid lol. talk to social services and apply for Medicaid look it up online for the forms. but they can also help you when you have her too. atleast they did me.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2009