Making your own baby food????

Has anyone tried to make their own baby food... I would like to try with it now being the end of the summer, lots of veggies and fruits are available through local farmers...

Any advise or recipes??

CrossesMom

Asked by CrossesMom at 4:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• there is a GREAT group on here for that. It's way easier than you think...
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/6923/
    Actually helped me loose a lot of baby weight too- having all that good food in the house all the time!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just pureed whatever my dh & I were eating. This made me take stock of what I was serving my family and whether it was balanced and nutritious. My youngest refused to eat store bought baby food.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I used a baby food grinder. You put small portions of what you were eating in the grinder and out came baby food. I don't know if they still even have this kind of thing. There must be a blender that has a small attachment for puree-ing small amounts. Or you can puree larger amounts and freeze them in an ice cube tray. My SIL was told to just give the baby regular food and let him gum it, and he is now a 6 plus foot college student.- so it must have worked.

Answer by Bmat at 4:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I never pureed my food for my DD. Just made sure it was soft enough for her to gum. They have powerful jaws!
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just mash up whatever my boys are eating with a fork.  Baby food is sooo expensive, and she never ate more than a teaspoon of it anyway.

http://www.unplannedcooking.com

UnplannedCookin

Answer by UnplannedCookin at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2009