My son is 4 years old and not in school yet because I'm concerned myself about his behavior and I'm not buying this thing about he's a boy.He's doing things normal boys don't do like indecent behavior such as Michael Jackson's crouch grabbing which if he does this in school I'll lose him for sure and I'm scared to lose anything as much as I've been through.What should I do in this situation?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 4:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Um you need to talk to the school system. They often have ways to help you with such behavior. The program here only goes to age 3 for "help me grow" services but the school system takes over from there. Some things are just behavioral quirks. But you should get help because quirks can turn into issues. Better to help him now while he is young... Plus the younger they are, the easier they mold without insecurities... jmo

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I think u just really need to sit down and have a good talk with him. Explain to him that certain things are inappropriate etc. My son had a friend that did stuff like that and i didnt like it...So I confronted his mother about it and her and her husband had a talk with him and I guess it helped. His behavior changed alot. I dont think you lose him. As far as school he can start next year in kindergarten if u feel hell be ready then
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 4:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• get over it?? ur keeping ur kid BEHIND in school bc of YOU.. SHELFISH!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• why do you think its not normal? It is. I have three boys and they are all obsessed withtheir penises. They are just like that. He is 4, when he is doing that tell hi that he needs to not do that around anyone. Dont make him feel ashamed of himself. Just tell him if he is going to do that to go in his room or the bathroom.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i looked at your profile and you have asked a lot of questions about him, has heen been molested or anything like that? It seems that there may be soemthing else going on? Did you just get custody of him?
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• both of my boys touched themselves at 4 y/o so did my daughter, we had talks about when that is okay and when it is not. this is very normal for children to self explore. You just need to not be so freaked out by it and talk to them. A friend of mine told her child that they could only do it when they went into the bathroom and it worked no more public displays of touching. If you react like this is abnormal or strange or as if your child is a freak then you are going to teach your child that it is something to be ashamed of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with stickyfingers, but also wanted to add that he doesn't start school at 4. Pre-k is not necessary. He starts school at 5 with kindergarten.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You actually dont HAVE to start them at 5 in my state. They have to be in someo sort of school by 7 though. It could even be homeschool. My sons teacher told me last year that she could tell that he was home for an extra year and that it benefits boys more. Dont feel pressured to send him if you dont think he is ready. Mine wasnt and that was OK with me.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Wow, stickyfingers is right. You have had a lot of issues with your son. You sound like you have some really big issues (not your son) and that you need help.

Please see a qualified counselor and stop trying to get a fix from strangers ont he internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ita with stickyfingers. I haven't looked at your profile but the question strikes me as weird. I have two boys and 3 brothers. Boys= indecent, lol. They love their bodies and are very physical creatures. I guess normal could be a bit subjective? Idk, sounds norm to me
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009