Insomnia... 25 weeks preggo...

I think sleeping has been my biggest side effect of my pregnancy. I know they say you will hav trouble and etc sleeping. I finally broke down and got some tylenol pm... plus i do excercise. The tpm has helped but I do not want to take it every night. Excercising sometimes wounds me up even more...haha. Has anyone had sleeping trouble... what have you done that has helped? getting up and going to the restroom and switchin to the couch is okay... but lying there for hours and feeling sick and drugged the nex day is starting to get to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just lay there an eventually listening to my boyfriend snore.. puts me to sleep? haha kinda odd!! good luck i hope it gets better
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 4:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ok I used to take benedryl but thats the same thing thats in Tylenol PM. I read that eating carbs is supposed to make you sleepy. Maybe if you have a snack of milk and cookies you will sleep better! lol Thats the only other thing I can think of. I used to take the benedryl once a week to get some sleep.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have trouble sleeping, too. I just tend to deal with it though. I don't like taking anything (even not being pregnant), so I just try to relax and try to rest because it's better than nothing
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I do something insanley boring while I try to fall asleep. Like start reading a really old boring text book, or playing some mind numbing game on my phone. And when I almost fall asleep, I reach over, turn off the light and pass out. Or watch a really boring TV show.. anything that usually makes you sleepy.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009