How long did or does your 2 month old sleep?

My 2 month old sleeps ALL THE TIME! I think he's awake maybe 4 or 5 hours out of a 24 hr period. Is this normal at this age?

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 4:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies are different but that does seem a little excessive. I would give your pediatrician a call and see what he/she thinks. My dd is 3 months old and sleeps well at night but is up most of the day (and was at 2 months also)...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• at 2 months my baby was awake most of the day, and slept pretty well at night...i think maybe you should ask a doctor about it..
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 6:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would thank your lucky stars because all my child did was cry at that age, and she barely slept at all!
    MontessoriMo226

Answer by MontessoriMo226 at 7:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just asked a question like this.. my dd is 2 months and she seems to be sleeping all the time too. She'll be awake here and there for like 2hours or so. Is your baby sleeping at night? My dd will go to bed at like 8ish and sometimes sleep until like 5.. sometimes she'll wake up to eat, but sometimes she does not. Also, do you breastfeed or ff? I was breastfeeding and she was awake more, and since i have switched to formula she seems to be sleeping more.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009