Dating,single mother, and religion.

I am a single mother and recently decided to get back in the dating game.But I have also found my way back into the church.I am worried that dating in todays society not having sex or drinking alot of men wont want to be bothered.Let alone with a single mother.How do you deal with your religious beliefs in todays soceity?

Selica03

Asked by Selica03 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The ones that won't be bothered aren't the ones for you anyway. It will be a good way to avoid getting involved with someone who may not be interested in you for who you really are. There are plenty of ways to find men who will repect you if you are certain of what you want and what kind of man you are looking for. Find a woman in your church who has walked in your shoes and is now happily married. If you don't have one in your church, check out other churches for mentoring programs and a Christian bookstore to read about the topic. You may even find a mentor in one of the Christian women's groups here if you ask for one. Those are the things I do when I need help with a tough life situation. Hope that helps.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Does your church have a singles group? That would be a good way to meet someone with similar beliefs and values as yours.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• There are dating sites designed specifically for people that share the same faith. Try looking around on one and you might be surprised.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• If a man cannot be bothered with you because you will not have sex with him...he is not worth the bother. If he is bothered with your having children while you are dating...they will not be going anywhere if you get married. A good a faithful man is out there for you..Who will love you and your children, who will respect and uphold your convictions and your faith. Hold on to that faith...Many men are looking for women of purity in a world filled with anything but! Look at yourself as a blessing waiting for some lucky guy to discover.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Date someone in the church you go to? But the best advice I can give you is to put it in God's hands. He knows the plans He has for you. Let God guide you in that. Tell God what kind of man you want, and just pray and put ur trust in God. don't be in a rush.
    MunkyS

Answer by MunkyS at 12:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• The question really should be, do you WANT a guy that doesn't want to date you because of your religious convictions? It may take a while to find him, but there is a man out there who will love you as you are...with no sex, no alcohol, and a baby involved.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008