Can you make an appointment for an ultrasound without needing it?

Im scheduled for an U/S this friday. I had a Doc appt yesterday and there were signs all over that said "not recording ultrasounds til further notice" at our last U/S they promised us a DVD of our baby. Now we can't get one. Our families really want to see the baby too.. Can I make another appt when the DVD's start being recorded again???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Most insurance companies won't pay for your ultrasound unless the doctor says it is medically necessary. I think you can request one, but you will most likely have to pay for it.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• if you pay for yourself, you may order as many as you want. But in normal cases, your doc will order that for you if there is any concern the doc thinks it's needed. Good luck!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 5:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i would see if their is a 3d/4d place close by because most the time unless your doctor is really sneaky you only get the one. good luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just went to a 3d/4d private u/s place and had mine done for $100 even. I don't know if that is an option for you but I would highly reccomend it. It was absolutely wonderful.
    shawneewaiting

Answer by shawneewaiting at 5:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009