what can you give a 20 month old for diareha...

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Water only and all the starches and carbs he will eat! If he's not vomiting, you can give milk and cheese as they tend to be constipating (unless there is a sensitivity, obviously!) If there is vomit, no milk.

Sugary drinks (juice, kool aid, gatorade and pedialyte) make diarrhea worse. Don't give those.

Bananas, rices, applesauce (NOT APPLES), toast...breads, crackers, potatoes, pastas, rices....NO fatty foods!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If you were to go to the dr the only thing they will probably give you is Pedialite
    Skurvy

Answer by Skurvy at 5:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ok this is going to sound really wierd but it works. Donuts. The kind from the bakery. My husband learned this in college and I thought it was just a way to get me to buy donuts. it works though.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Pedialite to prevent deydration The BRAT diet helps as well Banans, rice, applesauce and plain toast--no butter.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I was going to say the BRAT diet also. That's what the pediatrician told me to use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009