at 14 weeks they told me I was having a boy. What are the chances that my next ultrasound they will tell me something different?

Im worried about them changing the sex on me lol. The ultrasound tech said she wouldnt have told us if she wasn't positive it was a boy but still.. Anyone had this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stop worring so much! its rare for this to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• very likely, i would hold off on buying anything for another month, when they can confirm the sex
    Anonymous

• being how though all of its "parts" arent fully developed yet it is very likely
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I haven't heard of anyone finding out the sex at 14wks but you could actually be further along and they haven't move your date up yet. As for the sex changing. The only 100% way to tell the sex is when the baby is born. I have a friend that they told her 100% it was a boy and they went and bought everything blue. no yellow or green just blue. Lucky for them they saved all the reciepts because they were really suprised when their daughter came out.
    Don't mean to sound like a downer but it does happen. Good Luck on your pregnancy :)
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 5:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Not much... It's much easier to tell a boy than a girl. Of course there is a tiny chance but don't expect it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Does it really matter to you if is a boy or a girl? I never cared about the baby's sex, my main concerned was a healthy baby, that really worried me more than having a boy or a girl. You can buy things in neutral colors like white or soft yellow other than that you need to wait longer and hope for a healthy child.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have never heard of someone finding out the sex of their baby that early... Seems odd.. But hey...I wouldn't buy anything anyways though til atleast 20 weeks.... You will have a better chance of knowing then... And its become known that docs will not guarantee gender due to some lawsuits.. They actually have the right not to tell you at all....
    AMBsMOMMY

Answer by AMBsMOMMY at 7:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i wouldn't start shopping yet at only 14 weeks. sex organs aren't fully developed yet, so i wouldn't really bank on it.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009