Can you tell when you are losing the mucus plug and if you are dilating?

I'm 34 weeks along and for the last week I've been having a feeling like something is trying to come out..
I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks in December (yes I got pregnant FAST after) and what I'm feeling is the same as when I was losing tissue from the miscarriage. I feel the baby kick all day, I'm not worried something is wrong.. I'm just curious if it's the mucus plug trying to come out or if I'm dilating or what else it could be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you dialate - which at this point I'm sure you are the mucous plug will come out.

it looks a lot like a big glob of mucky boogers (there's really no other way to describe lol)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:46 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I never noticed when i lost my plug! with either pregnancy. and you can dilate at any poin t in the pregnancy, but usually newr the end (where youre at) is the prime time! Congratulations! And have fun!!!! Not all deliveries are bad, mine were both cake!
    nirelan

Answer by nirelan at 6:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i think so, 2 weeks ago my doc checked me, and nothing, and then last week i felt like the baby was going to fall out, then i went to the doctor yesterday and they said im 2-3 cm dialiated. im 37 weeks prego, so i think you can feel it, and i didnt think i had lost my plug, but when my doc checked me she said i lost it, well most of it, i hope that helps,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• your mucus plug maybe but you can lose it while peeing so if its in the toilet then no. it looks lie a big booger. as for dialting no i was 4cm for 10 wks with my first and i had no clue
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009