3 year old son throws up on bus on the way to school

My three year old just started pre-k last week - he takes the bus to and from. Three out of seven days he has thrown up on the way to school, but never on the way home. He has no fever & doesn't appear to be ill in any other way. I tried just giving him water in the a.m., as they give them breakfast at school. Any ideas before I call the doctor?

salliessurprise

Asked by salliessurprise at 5:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Probably motion sick and nerves. Can you drive him there?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• mine did that too. he always cried when he left .but it lasted only 5 minutes after that he was alright. I think he was just worry that he was taken away from home and not coming back. but it only lasted a week or two. from then on he was fine.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I can drive him two out of five days and that's what I'm thinking of doing. I'm worried that I'm missing something and that they will kick him off the bus for puking everyday. He's language delayed, therefore he can't tell me anything - so that's frustrating. He is so excited to ride the bus - he gets giddy and he loves school, so I don't know what it is. I feel so bad for him. If it is motion sickness - what can you do for a three year old? This mommy thing is tough (I love every minute of it, though).
    salliessurprise

Answer by salliessurprise at 9:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009