Heard the dumbest comment today!!

So, my son is on the skinnier side of the chart and my dear mom, with her crazy logic, thinks that he's skinny because I take too many photos of him. She said it couldn't be good for him since they give you a protection at the dentist's office. I can't believe she doesn't get the difference between X-RAYS and normal photos. OMG!!! I got so mad at her! Especially when it's your own mom!!!! AaaaaaAAAARGH. And how would that be related to his weight gain????

DavineandLiam

Asked by DavineandLiam at 6:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• lolol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Wow, if it worked that way, you wouldn't be able to get me off-camera.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• LOL SOOOOOOOOOO TRUE ANON :22!

i wouldnt be mad about it though, my hubs says ridiculous things all the time
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• LOL!! That is just too funny! That is going to be a crazy memory of your mom that you will be able to tell your kids.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Take many pics of me...Please!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know why you got mad; personally I would've laughed hysterically. Make sure you write this one down in your journal for your son to read in the future, 'cause I'm sure he would enjoy the chuckle, too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• And how long has your mother been out of the mental institution? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• wow! ok seriously though, if that's what you grew up with, congratulations for realizing what is not normal and NOT continuing that in your own life! too few people do that!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• LOL wow
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i do think it's funny but I get mad too cause she says, her or my gramma, too many dumb stuff due to their lack of education, which isn't their fault, but then, impose their crazy stuff on me and tell me how to raise my child..(which all moms do, i know) but ya...coming from someone else, I would just chuckle, but from my mom, that's a different story. I guess I have higher hopes for her too...Another story..I was on a diet when I was 18, and was drinking 9 glasses of water a day to help stay full and well hydrated...My grandma walked by and saw me with my water bottle and said " Oooooh! THAT"S WHY YOU"RE FAT! It's from all that water you're drinking. No one drinks water like that. That's why you're fat"...see, it's funny but so ANNOYING coming from them, I guess it adds up...Ethnic parents. AAARGH. Hhhhhh. LOL
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 8:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009