Normal (well, common) 20 month old talking

How does the average 20 month old talk? Mine says 2-4 word phrases. Like No Bubu, Mine! Or please my cup. and things like Dog! Sit! She is fairly easy to understand for strangers though not perfect. The ped seems surprised she was saying 'All done; a few months ago but I didn't think much of it. Then she started putting even more words together...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• owning a moms group for LOs under 2, I can tell you that's fairly advanced but happens often enough. But that's really great and exciting! DD is 16 months and her biggest sentence is "Hi momma!" so it looks like you have me beat :)
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yep, my dd was an encyclopeida at that age...now at 27 months, she speaks in 8-9 word sentances as clear as a bell. I never thought anything of it until my SIL said she was amazed by her vocabulary.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my dd has a great vocab she is 30 mts and has the vocab of a 4 yr old. her doctor said she was very smart and advanced for her age.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009