does anyone know if you can buy baby food like gerber graduates and stuff like that with food stamps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes you can. i did all the time, it makes it soo much better than having to use your cash, that stuff is expensive! lol
    nirelan

Answer by nirelan at 6:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yep sweetie, you can buy all that stuff with foodstamps!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, you can, but you're spending a lot more than you would if you just gave them what you're eating for their meals. While I' don't fault people for buying those things, they are merely marketing ploys with the company trying to get your money. You would be able to stretch your food dollars (cash or food stamps) if you forgot about those things and cooked yourself.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes you can and I don't see why not its food for baby!
    RoxyFoxy

Answer by RoxyFoxy at 7:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree with anon. It's cheaper and healthier to do the cooking.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 8:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sure, it's food, so yes you can. Yeah it's healthier to do the cooking, but snacks are ok too. Adults have snacks, so why can't older babies/toddlers?

The yogurt melts are really good. So are the fruit strips.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yeah it's healthier to do the cooking, but snacks are ok too.

It's not about that so much as making the food stamps last the entire month. If you compare the price per ounce of what's in the jar of carrots to how much it costs to buy some fresh carrots and puree them, the carrots in the jar should be gold plated and sprinkled with silver.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sure can.. You can buy anything that is food.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Why not make your own baby food; you can buy more foods this way, they will be healthier, taste better, and you will know exactly what your baby is eating.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• You can but I say skip it . I tasted it and IMO it's not that great. I feel if they can eat that they are able to eat what you do, just smaller. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2009