Any mamas have their children less than two years apart?!

Okay my son is 8 1/2 months old, and i just found out im expecting again, im terrified. but i was just checkin to see if any one else was in my situation. Anyone have any advice?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My son is 3 and my daughter is 2 and now I'm due in October! I'm happy that I've had them so close together. My sister and I are 10 years apart and weren't close for many years because of this! I'm not saying that happens with everyone who spaces their children apart, there are pros and cons to each decision. It's insane in my house at times but it's freaking great! There is always alot of chaos and things that have to be done but thats life anyways. Advice? Enjoy every moment and don't let yourself get stressed! It's easy to let little things get you upset when there is always SOMETHING going on, just go with the flow! Good luck sweetie!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My mother was in this situation. My sister was 2 months old when became pregnant with my brother. She said the best thing to do is find the humor in it all and know its going to be double fun now!
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My older two children are 16 months apart. It's got both a positive and negative side like anything. But it is doable.

I feel a bit like I missed out on the younger one being a baby and a bit like I missed out on the older one being a toddler.

But I did make sure I did everything to make sure the two kids had a good relationship. I wouldn't ignore the toddler to take care of the infant. If I needed to nurse the infant, I would call her older brother over and have him sit next to me and read him a book while I nursed his sister. I tried to have special time with him while she napped. And if he wanted to go out and play or to the park, I just put the baby in the stroller and went. She learned to be a good on the go baby. I tried to not deny the older child things "because of the baby" whenever possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My kids are all 18 mos apart.I always felt like I would not be able to handle it every time I got pregnant. I think thats only natural. You will be fine. You will find time for each child to give them them the love and attention they require. Trust me. Also, congradulations!
    gretchen4705

Answer by gretchen4705 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My cousin has two that are close in age one is 2years 8month and the other is 1year 5 months. She said it was hard at first because there scheduals were so different, but it got alot easier. It will be fine. My suggestion would be start potty training early, this way if things go well with potty training your oldest your only going to have one in diapers.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• OP HERE::::: Thank you sooo much for the support ladies, i dont get much of that AT ALL!!!! feels nice to hear positive words (or read them lol)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My first 2 girls are 16 months apart so when the oldest was nearly 6 months old, I found out I was pregnant. It was scary to have that happen but after the 2nd one started to crawl, things got easier than easier. It has been great to see them growing up together and they always call each other "best friend". They are 7 and 6 this year.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 7:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I am due in January my kids are going to be 22months apart

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DS and DD are 13 months apart. DS turned 2 in June, DD 1 in July, and I'm due again in February. I wondered how I'd do it, but it got easy. You can start by teaching your son things that you'll use for the baby, and he can help (maybe ask him "Could you get mommy an outfit for baby" and show him where the onsies are, or ask him to grab a diaper). By the time you're baby is here, he'll be old enough to help out a little. Not only will it help you, but it will make him feel good. My son loves to be a big brother, and often tries to do things for me instead of with me. lol. Feel free to PM me if you need support at all. I know how tough it can be, but it is doable. I suggest getting your DS on a schedule, and then when the baby is born tweaking his schedule to match the babies a little (like naps and meal times). With mine, at first DS would eat 15 minutes after DD so I had time to give her a bottle then help him.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, my babies are 18.5 months apart. Just had my second baby 11 weeks ago. It's great. I actually think it's easier with two, at home.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009