can an emotional breakdown cause labor?

i woke up today feeling like all of my depression and anxiety and realizations had hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. i haven't felt this emotional for years but it all happened so fast and suddenly today. i finally just lost it and broke down. now i am feeling physically like shit! my stomach is tight, my back is killing me, and i have cramps that could put my menstrual cramps to shame! is this a result of my breakdown? could this be preterm labor? could a breakdown CAUSE labor? i am only 32 weeks, what should i do? i have nowhere else to turn right now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• in some women i'm sure it's possible. although i don't think it's very likely. with my daughter i was under constant stress and she was born just one day before her due date. your body can be stressing and showing you these signs but i doubt it would induce labor if the baby is not ready and you have had a heahtly pregnancy. i developed to much water from stress and my baby was huge. what i would suggest you do to postpone the birth from coming on. is to go relax with your feet up and try to ignore your problems. your baby if it's on track would be able to survive if you had her now and shouldn't have any disablities although it's not a guarantee that she won't have complicvations it's just that the risk is less at this stage or over the size of 3 pounds. relax
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009