I don't have insurance & am preggo, here's my questions?

What are the required ultrasounds (because I don't want to go to the doctor because of costs)?
Any other test that are required?
Can I still get epidural if I don't have insurance?
Any tips on how to save money on a baby?
Any other tips for me not having insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey, I'm having the same issues. Didn't have insurance with the last one either and didn't qualify for Medicaid. We paid the doctor out of pocket, which ended up being around $3,000. As for the hospital, we applied for financial assistance and they wrote off the whole thing. We were pretty blessed. I'm applying for Medicaid with this one and I don't know if I qualify yet. Just go ahead and apply and see what happens. If all else fails, go to a hospital that has a financial assistance program.

Only 1 Ultrasound is really required, and that's to make sure things are developing right. The other essential tests are the Glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. If you are approved for Medicaid you should also qualify for WIC which will give you things like food for you and formula for baby. Good luck and Congrats!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Most states offer Medicaid to pregnant women that meet income guidelines. I don't know that any ultrasound is ever required unless there appear to be problems with the baby. Check with your local State Offices (food stamp office) to see if you can get Medicaid.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 7:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Have you been to your local social service to apply for pregnancy medicaid? I didn't have any insurance when i got pregnant, so I went and applyed for that. Its better to go to the dr throughout your whole pregnancy. Things can be found in your blood tests that you wouldn't know about. Go do that good luck
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Check into Medicaid. In some states, if you wait too long to get pre-natal care, no doctor will touch you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• in az we have ahcccs. which covers medical to women pregnant. get state assistance.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The above have basically stated all the things i would suggest. they raise the income requirements for preg. medicaid. its different than all the other ones! its definitely worth a shot!!! GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009