who plays the silent treatment more, the husband or the wife?

when we have arguments the hubbies in my side of our marriage usually just always have the last word, "men!" What's your take, is it usually one sex or the other, or just a mish-mash of either?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It would seem to me from my experience and observation that the women tend to do the "silent treatment" more often than the man...I don't feel I personally use 'silent treatment', but I do stay quiet just because I don't want to get into it at times...
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 7:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My husband won't shut up. It's the news anchor in him. So I give the silent treatment usually followed by a screaming rant that includes "Get OUT." Or, to get even, I charge stuff on his credit card and then I feel better. Childish but true. It infuriates him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I tried it a few times and it doesn't work for me. He can do it to me because I always have something to say. I can't do it to him because he would prefer for me to be quiet when I'm pissed!
    LOL :)
    Anonymous

• The wife and she is good at it and hubby can't stand it!
    RoxyFoxy

Answer by RoxyFoxy at 7:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• lol.... guilty.... I am queen silence and it drives hubs positively INSANE... ha... I can't help it, I have to mull over the events before I respond...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DH is the worst to give the silent treatment. It's how he 'fights' and it works because the quieter he sits the more P'ed off I get! Dang it if I want to fight I want to fight so freakin' yell something!! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:53 PM on Sep. 2, 2009