Has anyone out there with Fibromyalgia gotten disability/SSI for it?

I just wanted to know if it is possible to get dissiblity/SSI for having Fibromyaligia?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• I have a friend who is on disability for fibro, but it was very difficult to prove. She is such constant pain, and I feel so bad for her. Good luck.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• She is IN such constant pain***
    Fallaya

• yes but try working first!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I usually don't answer these types of things, but what does "yes but try working first" mean? Are you assuming that the person on fibro is trying NOT to work because they are looking into ssdi?? How presumptuous of you. Maybe the person IS working, and is finding it increasingly difficult to do so. Fibro is a real and debilitating illness.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2009

• "I usually don't answer these types of things, but what does "yes but try working first" mean? Are you assuming that the person on fibro is trying NOT to work because they are looking into ssdi?? How presumptuous of you. Maybe the person IS working, and is finding it increasingly difficult to do so. Fibro is a real and debilitating illness."

THANK YOU! Yes, I am currently working. And my pain is moslty in my hands....which makes it really hard to do alot of things. I have had Fibro for more than 2 years and it has just gotten really bad in since last Winter and has spread all over my body. And I am having a hard time finding pills that work well for the pain and don't give me bad side effects.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2009