Should I warm up cow's milk for my dd?

MY dd is 12 months and going on to Cow's milk, I usually make her formula with room temperature water, should I be warming up the cow's milk so it's not so cold, if so how?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can but it's not necessary unless she won't take it cold
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You don't have to warm up cow's milk I never did!I just gave them the milk and it was something new to them! You can warm it up in a pot or mico wave for a few minutes!
    RoxyFoxy

Answer by RoxyFoxy at 7:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I think it depends on your DD. If she didn't take cold milk, just warm up a bit. I didn't give cold milk to my girls when they were little but actually they preferred it, I found out later. As to my boy, he just doesn't like to take milk cold so I have to warm up the milk a bit 3 times/day even in this kind of hot summer days.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 7:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sure you can. I warm up my daughter's milk to room temp. She doesn't like it straight from the fridge.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I always did in the winter time and at night time.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 9:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• YUCK! Do you drink warm milk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't get her started on warm milk. When you get it out its not going to be warm. Just give it to her cold.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No, do not even start her with warm milk. Just give it to her cold and let her get used to it. Warm milk is nasty.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Warm milk actually promotes sleep, so I've heard from my family, who have given it for years and years to the kiddos who don't want to go to sleep! I enjoy a cup now and then with my DD when we're up a little late together.
    We put a coffee mug of the milk in the microwave for about a minute, just make sure it doesn't boil. Add some sugar if you or the kiddo don't like the taste so much, but not too much, if it's bedtime, obviously.
    Enjoy!
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 10:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• does she need cow milk?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009