What is a prayer journal?

I have heard many talking about keeping prayer journals but do not know what that is and wouldn't even know how to start one.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My prayer journal includes people's names, prayer requests, and answers to prayers. Starting one is easy--just grab a notebook and go!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It's basically like a diary..write down your feelings..your prayer requests of God and a little later on, you will be able to look back and see where Jesus has touched your life...
    It doesn't have to be anything fancy....just something personal that's between you and God.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i had to do one for a Bible course once. you just write in a notebook anything that you want to bring to God. i wrote mine like letters to God b/c it was easier for me to keep track of what i was writing. you could even just draw pictures that show your concerns. i really liked mine b/c i could look back to see what i was worried about & how that thing actually turned out. i also liked it b/c i have a tendency to fall asleep while praying b/c its the only quiet time i get haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I write mine like letters to God.. I started it Out Dear God, Or Dear Lord, or whatever I am in the mood to write..Like Dear Most High Father.. I pray for everyone I know, and especially the people and things in serious need. I always end it in Christ name, Love My name.. Whatever Works.

Before you buy any journal they have some really cute journals with Scripture verses on the front of the books... like at barnes and nobles or Books a million or Probably even Borders but surely at a christian Store you can find one.. Whatever is best for you
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Mine is very simple, I use a regular binder, I keep a record of requests, answers if I hear them, and any time I have a special time of connecting with God. Sometimes God speaks to me in prayer times, some times I just have special worshipful times. I also use this binder for my Bible study notes.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• as everyone wrote, it really depends on you. some are letters to God, some are just a list of prayer intentions and if they have been answered, how they were answered, etc. I know a lady who decorates hers and makes it special. another lady who just uses a marbled notebook. one lady i know just has a flip book that fits in her purse so no matter where she is can jot down something or someone to pray for if she feels the need.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2009