Do you think it is normal for a 30 year old man to not want to have sex?

My sister is getting married in 6weeks. Her and her intended haven't had sex in 6months or more. She wants sex, he doesn't. Do you consider that normal?

Why do you think a 30 guy wouldn't want to have sex? Would you marry somebody you that doesn't have sex with you?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 7:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I wouldnt marry someone that didnt have sex or want to have sex with me, although it is not the major reason for getting married it is a huge part of a happy marriage, its like the icing on a cake. I understand some things happen during marriage, medical issues, injuries etc, that can prevent some couples but in a healthy 30 year old, something is wrong.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That would seem like a problem for sure. Is he depressed?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If they've been together for years, maybe it's just nature. But 6 MONTHs is an issue
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• All the men I have ever known in my life wanted sex on a daily basis.

When I was 21 my boyfriend at the time suddenly became less interested in sex. I did some snooping around and discovered he was seeing 2 other girls on the side.

If my fiance didn't want sex for 6 months I would be considering putting off that wedding date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• This is NO way to start a marriage. It more than likely will only - at best - stay the same, but most likely get worse. This is young to not be having sex, in my opinion. This is going to lead to a problem for them down the road if it is not dealt with now, since she does want sex, as most do, and he doesn't, which is not the norm for his age. They need to truly talk about this, as uncomfortable as it may be, to try to figure out together what to do. Communicate and compromise, being open-minded and honest.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 7:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He might be gay!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 3, 2009