Hm ok?

I was just readin my what to expect when your expecting book that one of my friends just gave me! Well in it there is a list of foods that should be avoid during pregnancy well 2 of the foods are hot dogs an bologna! I had no idea they should be avoid but ive been eatin them through out my whole pregnancy an im 36wks now! I know my baby is ok! But did u ladies know this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Fish as well....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 7:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had forgotten that. I haven't read the book in 9 years.

In my first pregnancy, I craved hot dogs like mad. I swear I ate nothing but hod dogs for about 2 weeks straight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yeah I heard about this... I cant really understand why though... Oh yeah they tell you to stay away from the deli section too...
    AMBsMOMMY

Answer by AMBsMOMMY at 7:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah and fish they allow to have it just in like 2 6 oz servings a week.... Hubby won't let me go near the stuff though
    AMBsMOMMY

Answer by AMBsMOMMY at 7:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've heard of not eating cold cut meats and stuff but sometimes I feel like a hotdog on the grill or a bologna sandwich! I've eaten these things in small amounts with all 3 of my kids and nothing happened. I asked my midwife and she said to eat it in moderation.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sure, because I didn't wait until 36 weeks to find out what foods to avoid during pregnancy. But, that's just me........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• you can eat the hot dogs and deli meat/bologna as long as you heat it until it's hot. You are cooking off all the possible bacteria that could harm your baby. Just relax and enjoy your hot meal.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Anon 729 i didnt wait i knew what i can eat an cant eat just didnt know about the bologna an hot dogs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• fish is fantastic for pregnant women and babies

its certain types of mercury containing fish that need to be avoided, and are in fact not very common- like swordfish.

deli meat can be enjoyed after it is heated to boiling to kill any possible bacteria- like listeriosis.
    same with hot dogs.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i lived off bologna and hot dogs with both my prenancies....my babies are fine.....
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009