How do you teach your boys how to take their underwear/pants off?

My son has no problem pulling jeans down that are unzipped, but he's having a heck of a time with his elastic waist pants and underwear. I'd like him to learn how to do it so he can go potty w/o my help if he needs to. I'd hate for him to have an accident just because I couldn't get to him in time.

BTW - he's two. We're going through potty training and he's picking it up really well.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had to help teach my 2 and a half year old to make sure he gets the back of his shorts/underwear. He would start pushing the front part down but the back wouldn't go anywhere. I kept telling him to make sure he got the back too and would have him move his hands to the back to push down. It took some practice but he does very well now. Now I just need him to learn how to pull them back up. :)

Ps...good job on the potty training and good luck.
    Garionsmommy

Answer by Garionsmommy at 10:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• As obvious as this sounds, Id just say practice. My son is 2 yrs 6 months and he also has problems with it because of the way he just pulls on the side but my 4 year old has it down to a science lol so I think its just the age and getting it down from doing it.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 9:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009