How do you teach your boys how to take their underwear/pants off?

I posted this in the toddlers section, then realized people there may not have the answer. But moms of three and four year olds will. LOL

My son has no problem pulling jeans down that are unzipped, but he's having a heck of a time with his elastic waist pants and underwear. I'd like him to learn how to do it so he can go potty w/o my help if he needs to. I'd hate for him to have an accident just because I couldn't get to him in time.

BTW - he's two. We're going through potty training and he's picking it up really well.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Teach him to put his thumbs in the back of his pants rather then the front, makes it easier for them to hook them over their butt. My son had the hardest time with that too. Still has a little difficulty getting them up sometimes, he'll pull up at the front and they'll hook under his butt at the back.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Make sure the elastic isn't too tight. That would make it more difficult. Honestly, it is a practice thing, have him start dressing and undressing himself every morning and evening. He'll get the hang o fit.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009