Making Mini-Cupcake Brownies

Tomorrow is our day to bring in a snack for DD's pre-school class. She wanted to bring brownies, so I bought the mix last week (Betty Crocker Original Supreme (with Hershey's syrup)). However, just a few minutes ago I got the idea to do mini-cupcake brownies. I've been looking for baking instructions and can't find anything. Can't call their 800 number because they closed at 5:30 CT.

The box itself gives baking instructions for pan sizes 13x9, 9x9, and 8x8.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of conversion website? Or maybe if you have already done this, what you did?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I would say to just check after 10 minutes and keep checking until they are done. It really shouldn't take very long. And if you want to make them "nutritious", use applesauce in place of the oil and shred some zucchini in the batter.

BTW, sometimes it is ok to bring a fun, not healthy snack. Chocolate helps prevent heart disease and helps lower cholesterol.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• can you bring home made food? and brownies are of no nutritional value? are they allowed?

I say bring carrots and ranch or cheese??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• The kids can bring whatever they want. Being it is the 3rd day of school, I decided to let my daughter choose what she wanted to bring and this is what she chose. Haven't you heard? Chocolate is from the cocoa plant...which produces beans...which would constitute it as a vegetable.

Thank you for your input Anon 8:07, but that in no way answered my question and therefore was not helpful at all.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• What I could find was to spray or line your mini tins, oven is 350, bake 25-30 min until pick comes out with crumbs adhering.

Answer by Bmat at 9:44 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I did that a few times and it only took about 10 minutes to 12 minutes a batch- I would say mix them up pour them into the mini muffin pan and pop them in and keep a close eye just in case- make sure you watch the clock so that when they finish you know exactly how long it took so your next batch will be easier. Oh and a tip- never cook your brownies all the way till they are done- take a few minutes off so that by the time carry over cooking is finished they will be perfectly fudgey
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• oh and just to be sure- when you say mini muffin pans u mean the little bite size ones right?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009