Whats the best double stroller?

I have a 15 month old son, and I am pregnant and due in mid-October. I am trying to find out which double stroller will be best. Any comments for or against a specific stroller will be appreciated! Thanks!

newmomma0508

Asked by newmomma0508 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Shopping

• I hated my stroller at first, its one where they sit behind each other, but now I love it. I have checked out side by sides and I like them ok but they don't seem to have the storage that I need. Plus with the new baby it seems to work better, the side by sides I have seen don't lay down the way I would like and the canopies are not big enough, unless you want to pay high dollar. Anyway, try going to babies r us or even toys r us and try some out before you by.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2009

• I have a BOB side-by-side double jogging stroller, work off the baby weight :) It is awesome, and way to expensive, so have a grandparent buy it :) But we take that beast everywhere, its the SUV of the stroller. People move for you........or you run them over. Plus it is roomy enough to put my neice who is five, she is a health girl and she fit :) Plus even if you don't run, or hike, when you go out it looks like you do........always a bonus. It folds flat, a wee bit heavy, but it works out the arms. I love it! Plus it comes in red, which matches my rugged l.l.bean diaper bag.........
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I loved my Peg Perego Tender XL. Which is a tandem stroller where the seats do not get removed. They are not cheap but you can normally find one on craigslist or ebay for around $200 in very good condition.

My kids are 20 months apart and I loved that the back seat could convert to a bed/bassinet and that the child in front could take a nap at the same time.

Folds flat, stands up when folded and weight 28 lbs which for me was important. This stroller is great for the mall and side walks but it wouldn't be my first choice if you plan on exercising.
    Most of the tandems at the chain stores are very heavy and require a lot of work to be able to fold up.

If you are after a side by side take a look at Baby Jogger and their City Series. Make sure you check out seat dimensions as some styles are narrower than others.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 12, 2009