How do you find the courage/strength to walk away from someone you love?

Someone you love who has repeatedly hurt you, that is. I'm talking about my husband. He's been in my life for 7 years, we've dated for about 2, been married for almost 5 months, survived a 15 month deployment, he took on the responsibility of my oldest daughter who he does not share DNA with, and gave me a beautiful child of my own, plus another that I'm carrying, but yet he can't seem to stay faithful to me. He has a lying/deceiving problem and can't admit it. He has not physically cheated on me (to my knowledge) but cannot keep 2 of his exes out of his life. He can't keep his relationship with them "friendly" either, by exchanging sexual emails/phonecalls/texts with them. I found out, stayed with him, he stopped, happened again, stopped, and now it's the 3rd time. I'd have to be a fool to stay with him again. But I just love the man so deeply. How will I be strong enough to walk away from this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• You find the courage by respecting yourself...
    by loving yourself...
    by wanting better for yourself...

I believe that if you respect yourself you know what you will and will NOT tolerate...

When you REspect yourself.............you know your WORth....

When you know your Worth...you see that you do not deserve to be treated with
    Disrespect and you WALK away...

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself that you Deserve someone who
    is Faithful,
    someone that is not a liar...
    someone that values you,
    someone that wants to see you happy,
    someone that would not hurt you,
    someone that RESPECTS you...

Good luck sweetie...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Im in a similar situation and men like that just dont change,please do your self the favor and walk away.This isnt healthy for you mommas.You deserve better and you know what time really does heal all wounds,Ask your self who has ever died over love?????there are plenty of fish in the sea..Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know. I never was able to leave a relationship until I was sure that life without him was better then life with him. GL
    Anonymous

• Well, as with any problem, admitting it is a very big step. Now, don't let yourself start making excuses for his behavior. This problem he has is not going to heal itself or just suddenly go away. You need to think about YOU, your children. YOU derserve so much better than this, your children deserve to see a relationship that is healthy, built on respect and honesty. As for not actually physically cheating on you, perhaps. But it would seem that he's one teeny step from it. Do you want to worry about that, STDs and such? Only YOU will know when YOU are truly ready to walk away, when YOU have had enough. No one can give you that answer. When you are ready to do it, listen to your instincts and you will somehow, some way find strength - little by little. Good luck!!!
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 8:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If I had the answer I wouldn't be in the situation that I am. It is much easier said than done. Those that think it is easy are the ones that have not been in that situation.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• No it is very hard....

but when you like yourself and respect yourself...

It is easier...
    I was in a situation similiar.....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009