For those of you who home school with a non-religious curriculum

Hi. I was wondering: if you use a non religious curriculum, how do you incorporate religion into your day (if you do). And do any of you know of any good christian websites that I can use to help me add religion into our day? I am going to be working with kindergarteners so please give me age specific sites, thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• why are you asking people who dont incorporate religion how to?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Im not asking people who dont incorporate how to- learn how to read... I'm asking people who use a non-religious curriculum to give me tips on adding religion into the day IF they DO add religion into their days. Next time you try to answer a post READ the question twice so you get it first....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My sister just has a set time for Bible study just like any of their other subjects.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 9:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We add religion to our studies under the subject of Social Studies: World Religions & Culture. We do not study one religion, we discuss all of them to some small degree, which will be more in depth the older the children get.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• There are many sites like Focus on the Family and such that will send a daily bible verse or lesson to your email address. My mom sends us this every day:
    http://www.josh.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=ddKDIMNtEqG&b=4197009&ct=6793811
    It has a youth devotional every day and they are different. We use a Christian Curriculum, but still do these daily.
    6littlestitches

Answer by 6littlestitches at 11:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My daughter home-schooled with the standard elementary school materials and books. She met with the school and her daughters took the required tests at the end of the year to make sure they were keeping up with their grade level. She did not incorporate any religious studies at all. After a year, her kids wanted to go back to public school. That was 4 years ago and they are doing really well and get A's. My daughter admits she was being overly protective of her girls when she decided to home school that year. . Everything is going well now.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• join a church and have your kid in a sunday school class. Keep school and religion seperate so your child has an open mind!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009