dressing for my size?

Since having my DD I realize I am not just "chubby" anymore, I'm " large"
and to make matters worse ...I'm short.
I've joined a gym , but in the meantime I'd still like to dress for my current size..does anyone have any tips?
What's "hot" and "stylish" , also appropriate for a bigger girl to wear nowadays?? Can anyone suggest a few staple pieces i should own until I shed some of this weight.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 8:40 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Solid bottoms, dark wash jeans black dress pants if you have to be dressy. and play up color on the top. You dont have to be bland because you have a little extra. Not saying that your "plus size" but you could check out lane bryant online and look at how they pair some things together, go by the plus size stores in the mall and see how they play with color and pattern and try to match it in your size!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• as long as you are covering all the important stuff and things aren't too clingy you can still wear pretty much what you want. just get it in the right size and try everything on before you buy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• A structured jacket is a must! I'm going through the same thing. Also I never had breasts before and it was my husbands advise to show them off a bit more so no one looks at the belly haha. Take that however you want but get a good jacket, you can wear them over an assortment of tanks to dress up or down. It can be hard to feel sexy and confident when you have the baby weight so use some sort of healed shoe to make your legs more lean, your butt more shapely and everyone should feel sexier in pumps! I know, you cant wear real heels when carrying a baby so I've gone with clarks, they are real good at supporting the extra weight to take stress off your back and they have good cushioning.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Just don't allow Muffin Top. Don't wear your pants too tight and let your belly hang over the top of your pants---please!
    Wear longer shirts, but not too big or they'll make you look heavier, and wear slimming black leggings with longer shirts. I'm glad you're doing something about the extra weight. It's no fun being obese.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2009