What should I tell my 3 year old son?

My son was in the bathtub earlier and kept saying "mommy theres a bone in here"...lol.. I had no idea what he was talking about till I really payed attention to what he was doing.. I thought he was just playing with his toys. I looked and he had his testicles pulled up and was messing with the hard part inside... He said what is this inside here..is it a bone...I was so shocked I didint know what to say.. I very calmly said oh those are you testicles.. you are a little boy and that is how god made you... He thought I said popsicles and now I have an extremely confused little boy....Any advice on how to talk about this to him would be greatly appreciated!

joelsmommy

Asked by joelsmommy at 8:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mine said this instead "look balls" i was like "omg!" and he said "is it circles?"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:43 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• then i told him not to do that because he can give himself a boo boo by doing that ,deep inside i was thinking "dont! i wanna be a grandma one day"
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 8:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would tell him he can hurt himself by doing that..... idk but i hope it doesnt happen to mme any time soon!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 8:57 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Do NOT tell him he can hurt himself by playing or touching his balls, because he has to be pretty rough to do so. It is normal for a 4 yr old to be playing with his testicales and penis, tell him that it is ok to touch his penis and balls but it is to be done in private. Do NOT make a big deal about it. He really can NOT hurt himself, so stop telling him that he can.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Wow... well it takes a well~enunciated, short, sweet explanation to get ya out of this one, and you're going to have to dream it up!
    HollyLucination

Answer by HollyLucination at 2:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2009