What age did your kids start going to school on the bus?

My Son is 4 and starting kindergarden soon. His school has a bus, but i think he is way to young. But my Grandma (and some other people) think that I should let him. When did your kids start riding the bus?

Adelle

Asked by Adelle at 9:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Mine road the bus a few days after her third birthday, she's in special ed preschool. I really was nervous, but she loves the bus.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My first was two weeks shy of being four years old. My second son will start next week...he's 3 1/2.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:28 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son was riding a bus in daycare at 3 for field trips and he rode the school bus at 5 (Kindergarten).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My oldest didn't start until she was 7.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• kindergarten. There was no other way to get to the school. It was too far to walk and the 2 roads leading to the school were narrow, busy, had blind curves and no sidewalks on them. I didn't have a car so she had to take the bus. Almost every kid at the school was bused.
    It was a wonderful experience and my daughter made lots of friends of all ages on the bus. We moved and now we walk. Schools around here don't have buses. You either walk or drive (most people drive). I miss the buses.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son was 5. He only rides the bus in the afternoons.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• Wow I was so not expecting you all to say that it would be ok. Thank you all so much for the input, very helpful :o)

Adelle

Answer by Adelle at 10:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• My son was 5 and my daughter was 4 I believe when they started riding school busses. My daughter was in Head Start and my son went to school with my daughter later on, when he started Pre-K.
    hrslvr2010

Answer by hrslvr2010 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2009