Advice please? Fiance issues...

I have been with my fiance for 3 years. I am 9 months pregnant with our little girl...

He is from Guatemala, I'm from Germany but raised in US.

In the beginning of our relationship we had problems with these latina girls texting and messaging him with flirty comments all the time. I told him it made me uncomfortable. He got pissy about it but promised it would stop..

Well now three years, a baby and an engagement later he is getting flirty comments again from "an old friend." She is saying "I love that you are a responsible and hardworking man! You know I love you times a million and would love nothing more than to see you.!" She said this in spanish and when she said "I love you," she said "te quiero" which translates to either "I love you" "I want you" or "I like you"

I feel it's inappropriate. I feel uncomfortable and disrespected. I told him this and he blew up on me. He said It's no big deal and I'm not being

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT.

disrespected because he hasn't said anything like that to her. My big thing is that he should have told her to back off or said something to make it clear that he is happily in a relationship. Instead he asked for her phone number so they could get in touch! He yelled and got all flustered and wouldn't listen to me. then he was like "I'm going to bed" and I told him if he got off the phone we'd be on a break and he goes "fine we are on a break then. bye love you."

What do you all think of this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sounds like he's not marriage material. Sorry, but his behaviour will only get worse, and you don't want it to turn to full-fledged abuse. That's where this is headed.

Get rid of him NOW!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You two don't sound compatible. He reacts strongly when you mention your discomfort.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• u're nine months pregnant...don't get too worked up over this.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ah, you were the one asking for translations last night.

HUGE RED FLAGS. I'm sorry, this one isn't worth keeping. He's bought into the stereotype and this is something you will deal with continuously.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:39 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He's probably already cheating on you. Just being honest- same exact thing happened to me. Dump him
    Ravensong

Answer by Ravensong at 9:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• OP Here - Both of his brothers are texting me, they are saying that he feels bad and understands how I feel but it's not his personality to admit it when he's wrong...it's a pride thing. They live with him and they say they know he loves me and that he'd never cheat but he's got some ego thing going on...still I don't know If i can deal with a guy who can't swallow his pride to save our relationship
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He needs to grow up......if you allow him back and thats a big IF>>>>lose the cell phone
    get a new number and maybe a parental lock on the texting......that might solve the problem providing he doesnt give out the new number...if he does , hes being disrespectful and most likely looking to cheat...doesnt have to be physical for him to cheat...if you find you cannot be together get his name on the birth certificate and get your child support..he can atleast do that much for you. good luck
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• So are you prepared to live with

His personality.....not to admit that he is wrong...

If you are, you will have a long, hard, road ahead of you..

To put it plain and simple and in English...
    He is DISRESPECTING you and if he does not see it as disrespect...
    then you two are not on the same page with something that is important to you...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Didn't you already ask this before? You didn't like the answers then, they are not going to be different now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009