My 2 month old daughter has TERRIBLE gas issues that will have her screaming in pain. Our doctor put her on zantac...didnt work. shes now on prilosec and that doesnt seem to be working. we're going to start gripe water which was a suggestion from family. Any other suggestions, its killing me to see her like this!

faithm127

Asked by faithm127 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe take her to a gastroenterologist?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• It might not be gas.

Answer by louise2 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• What are you feeding her? Is she lactose intolerant maybe?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I use to work at a kids clothing store and part of the "impulse buys" at the front counter was the gripe water. Most of the moms swore by that stuff. So I guess it does work.

I've also used chamomile tea for my kids when they were infants. Just drop the tea bag into some water count to two or three and pull it out. They don't need a strong tea. It helped them out as well. Plus it's natural too.

I hope she feels better soon.

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• take her to a gastroenterologist it could be more then her dr thinks.. but for the time being let her take a nice warm bath then when ur done gettin her dressed lay her on her back take her legs and push them into her stomach not enough to hurt her of course. but just enough to mush her insides.. it may help get some of the gas out :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I feel your pain. my 3 month DD is going through the exact same thing. she is on zantac and it isnt working so they perscribed priolosec- only no pharmacy seems to carry it. This website has a lot of information for our babies' problem. Everything from a sleeping wedge (that they suggest your insurance will pay for) to gripe water, to you name it.

http://www.pollywogbaby.com/refluxandcolic/remedies.html
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 9:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If she is on Formula...try Enfamil Gentlease. My daughter was on this for gas issues and it cleared up in no time.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:36 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• If she is breast fed look at your on diet. If she is formula fed change the formula. Give her lots of tummy time and bicycle her legs. Try holding her facing out over your arm Head at your elbow legs over either side of your arm and walk around with her.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:47 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Take your thumb and rub the bottom of her feet. This is a reflexology point. It works! I went through the same thing with my son. I also do the "bicycle" and pushing the legs towards the stomach. Oh and i rub his stomach with little circles in a clockwise big circle. Warmth on her belly may help to. Good Luck. I noticed Onions and Garlic caused my boy to have more of an issue. (nursing)
    newangelique

Answer by newangelique at 11:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thanks for all the helpful answers! My doctor put her on similac alimentum because she couldnt seem to tolerate milk based formula and the soy formula wasnt agreeing with her very well either. I feel like i have tryed everything, we started the gripe water last night and im hopig this works for her. Everyone keeps saying it will go away with time, but i cant watch my baby in pain! If this water doesnt work i might have to consult a gastro.
    faithm127

Answer by faithm127 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2009