my two month old with a cold

my baby boy is 2 mths and he has a cold he will only eat about two-three ounce bottles and he usually eats five and he is sleeping alot did this happen to anybody else????? i feel for the little guy

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 9:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he will be ok... my daughter was that tiny with a cold.. to where she wouldnt eat bc she couldnt breath couldnt sleep bc she would cough.. what u could do to move the cold along is get cold meds for a 2 yr old cut the dose in half and then in half again and give it to him. the drs will tell u not to but who the hell wants to see their kid suffer? :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DD also got a cold pretty early in life, and it was terrible, you feel so sorry for them, and you wish they could just blow their little nose! Something that worked great for me, was putting a saline solution( i made mine at home, sea salt and luke warm water) in my DD nose right before a feeding.... it helped to loosen the mucus and then she would swallow it while she was eating. And remember what do you do when you don't feel well... sleep it off.. i hope your little bean gets well soon!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My 3month old DD currently has a cold. She wakes up screaming and is only sleeping 2-3 hour spurts instead of her usual 6 hour stretch at night. We are currently using "Little Noses" brand nose decongestant to help her breath. I also put a little "baby vicks" on top of her pajamas at night. it seems to be helping.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 9:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• also little noses does work.. i use that and baby vicks instead of puttin on the pjs u should put it on his feet :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009