5 yr old neice lead test results came back extremely high? She was rushed tothe ER.... so now what??

We just want to know if this going to effect her in life later on cuz her behavior seemed normal... Whats gonna happen to her???Do you know anyone that went through this?? What happened?

DesignDiva21

Asked by DesignDiva21 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was a lead poison child,I was diagnosed at 2, my parents told me I was hospitalized,but, that was 48 years ago,when lead was everywhere in paint,toys,can I asked how your 5 yr. old ended up with such high levels . I am fine, I never experience any mental or physical problems. I do wish your child a speedy recovery.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My DD had high levels when she was 2 as well. We moved and were finishing the basement, so we were taking the dry wall down and she inhaled the fumes from the paint.

We ended up keeping her out of that area and monitoring her for a year. Her levels went down and she is now a wonderful 8 year old, Very active and smart.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2009