Do you people not realize or just not care?

I originally posted this as a response to another question here, but felt it important, so wanted to give it its own question. The bickering here in the adoption answers section is out of hand!! Do you people not realize that this is negatively impacting OUR kids? The adoptees? Putting this type of crap out into the universe is doing NOTHING but harm for them. If you see problems in adoption - take your concerns somewhere to someone that can help you realize the changes you seek. Coming to cafemom or other social networking sites and bitching is doing NOTHING but damage for our kids. What are we doing? Do you realize that this is putting this out there for our KIDS? Does no body care about that? If your worried about coercion, take it to someone that can help you fix it, but stop with this crap that is going to negatively impact OUR adoptees!!!!! GEESH!!!! SICKENING AND SELFISH!!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!! and YES I AM YELLING!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Adoption

• How is what is said here on cafemom hurting children or adoptees? I have no clue what you are talking about but if you don't like something on here don't read it. That is a choice.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• how does it negatively impact our children?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• PP: Are you so naive that you think kids don't use the internet? Do you think you are in a vacuum here and what you say doesn't impact anyone? Propagating negative messages about the means that brought our adoptees families together doesn't impact them? Forgive me for possibly sounding rude, but that sees very narrow minded.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My children dont visit cafemom. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah thats what i meant, my kid is never on cafemom. to the anon above me. so if they arent seeing it how is it hurting them? forgive me for sounding rude but cafemom is not a site for children to be visiting, or seeing what is said on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• You honestly cannot see how getting online and going for the jugular of birth moms or adoptive moms impacts OUR children (the children that were BIRTHED by one and ADOPTED by the other)?  Even just within your OWN life...being cruel to a birth mother or adoptive parent is NOT productive.  If you can't see that, then I really don't know what else to say and am probably wasting my time.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Self image has so much to do with public views, particularly with teens. You don't think teens get online and around age requirements? Beyond that, there are enough misconceptions about adoptees out there without their moms getting online and creating a site for tearing each other apart for the "non adoption" world to see. Our kids teachers come here, their doctors and nurses...all these people's attitudes toward adoption have impact on our kids.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i think it hurts the people on who are having these things said about them more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't see anyone hating on birth or adoptive mothers. And no my children do not get on the internet. I really don't know what you are worried about because if anything, adoption is overly praised and hardly any negative attention comes to light when it comes to adoption. I think there needs to be more balance because adoption is NOT selfless and it's not always the best option.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• By hurting your child's mother you don't think you hurt them? I'm amazed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009