If you have had your GALLBLADDER removed did you become lactose intollerant?

For those who have had their gallbladder out if you werent lactose intollerant b4 have you become after? I have found I'm a tad more gassy after eating icecream or drinking milk than I was b4, and I'm wondering if its from the removal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had mine removed 7 years ago no prob since... i know a lot of people that had them removed no gas prob hope this helps!!
    lizzysmom83

Answer by lizzysmom83 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• After I had my gallbladder removed I had REALLY bad digestive problems after eating anything with dairy or anything too greasy, or sometimes just random things. I had it removed in Jan and I still get some digestive problems from time to time. =/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i can't eat eggs, and now I have a herina in the scar location :( see my post in health.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have all sorts of problems since having mine out 4 years ago. started out anything greasy or oily like mayo, dairy has never been a real problem except when i had it in coffee. I have now gotten to where no matter what i eat i get sick, the doctor says it is a side effect some people get afterwards that their body cant tolerate food well. Prilosec is my friend lol it actually helps with the problems i was suprised that it worked but when i am having a bad week i will take it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I had my gallbladder taken out @ 14,I'm now 22 and I still have problems if I eat greasy fatty foods,or spicy foods,or too much pasta and such.Theres just certain things that really set it off. Even with the digestive symptoms now i still don't have no regrets about getting it removed because nothing is as bad as the pains were with all the gullstones!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i had mine out in October and i have major problems with all foods but especially diary. i end up with the runs...and its like all of a sudden gotta go type thing. i agree though id rather this than that pain again.
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Thanks everyone. I thought I was alone. I'm so much worse than my lactose intollerant hubby now. I didnt have gallstones...I had a really bad infection in mine and was in so much pain that i couldnt move and it was affecting my liver function too. Nice to be semi normal and not in pain. Very Very Happy about that. I just wish I could eat ice cream.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009