My son is three months old and is 16lbs..... is that a bad thing... or is he supper healthy?

edwinsmom2008

Asked by edwinsmom2008 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd was 6 lbs when she was born, and weighed 14 at 3 months.. dr said she was healthy, just a chunk! fat babies are cuter anyway!
    Laurakb2420

Answer by Laurakb2420 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My daughter was born at 9 lbs 4 oz and weighed above average for her weight till she started walking. Most babies that are chunks like my first child will thin out when they start walking. If your pediatrician says she's healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    DKQANS143

Answer by DKQANS143 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• As long as his weight and height are both increasing steadily, it's totally normal! His growth will slow down when he gets closer to 1 year old. The only thing that might be a problem (b/c he is big) is that it might take a little longer for him to do things like roll over and sit up... because he's got more weight to work with.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2008