Did anyone hera about the large oil discovery?

In the Gulf of Mexico, How do you think this will affect us?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/article/107659/bp-makes-giant-oil-find-in-gulf-of-mexico

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• HEAR!!! lol, I meant HEAR
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:05 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yea i heard about that like a year ago, did you know there's oil in alaska too? we cant have the oil in alaska though, bc then the caribou will have to move. like, omg the poor caribou! they will have to walk a few extra miles and that will make them tired!
    it wont affect us bc it wont be drilled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• This could explain why the president recently relinquished the bar on off-shore drilling in that area.

I'm glad to see in the article that the U.S. has a pretty big share of that drilling site. I was a little nervous it was already claimed by China since they've been doing a lot of drilling in that area.

Thanks for sharing. I hope that means our gas bills will go down a bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i hope it lowers gas prices....right now its 2.45 by me
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

You may want to read the article, this is new and they will drill...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

I'm just glad it isn;t 4.30 like last summer!

sweet-a-kins

• I think it is great! Too bad it wasn't an American company though! I think they are being a little conservative with the estimates of oil that is left and that is OK!

The US would be wise to put some serious work toward a NEW energy form. I'm not talking wind or solar, but something new. Until something is found we should be maximizing the resources we have.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• ... Can you imagine what would happen if we were allowed to tap into our natural resources ? We could actually start SELLING oil, etc. to other countries ... we could be independent of foreign oil sources ... we could get out of our monumental debt to countries like China, Russia and Saudi Arabia

Imagine if we had NOT been held back by liberal special-interests who display a deep-seated animosity to mankind's existence on beautiful mother earth ... we would ALREADY be out of debt, independent, and exporting more than we import.

It's hard to not resent these self-destructive policies.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 10:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I think it is great! Too bad it wasn't an American company though! I think they are being a little conservative with the estimates of oil that is left and that is OK! The US would be wise to put some serious work toward a NEW energy form. I'm not talking wind or solar, but something new. Until something is found we should be maximizing the resources we have.

Not often that I agree with you, but I do here. My uncle says super conductivity will be the next great energy source , they just need to work on the temp. (he used to work with nuclear energy) and getting all the kinks worked out.

The only thing that worries me about drilling in Alaska NOW is that if 50 years we are down to nothing and no renewable resource..we will be screwed. Its kinda like a savings account, don't want to tap unless NECESSARY!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:26 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Do you think The CIA (and behind the scenes, Cheney) will invade Mexico and confiscate their off shore oil fields? LOL.
    But I'm sure there will be some kind of deal made. It wouldn't surprise me. They could invent a good reason, like they do for every other dsgusting thing they have done. Cheney too. He doesn't have to be Veep to keep on pulling the strings behind the scenes with the CIA.
    Why not other sources of power? Windmills? ELectric cars?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 2, 2009